Fresh Baked

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Scratch and Sniff

So I did the presentation for my Febreze project yesterday. All quarter I have been dreading this and I was able to work myself into a pretty good frenzy by 4:00. For example? During a run-through with Eia, I started crying. I pretty much continued in that direction until we got to the ad agency where I took a nervous trip to the bathroom. In the first stall, there was no toilet paper and my immediate thought was This guy will stop at nothing to fuck with us! And then I caught myself thinking this insane thought and realized I had hit a point where, if I couldn't snap out of it, my head would explode and how can you give a presentation without a head? You can't! That helped me calm down a lot.

There were a few moments after that when I was seized with terror that I hadn't memorized my spiel and I would make a frantic run-through on my notes but the immortal words of Missy Pantone came to mind and I knew: If I don't have it already, I don't have it. Don't let anyone tell you that TV never taught you anything.

As for my presentation, my teacher's colleagues didn't really like my campaign, but they didn't not like it either. I really couldn't tell you because everything was like "Blah, blah, blah, Ginger" when they were talking to me. I do know that they all liked my fancy-folding brochure and that I made a Fresh Prince of Bel-Air joke, but I'm still not sure where it came from. File under: Oh well! because I can just put the whole thing to bed now. Weee!