Fresh Baked

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Le Poo (A Post in Which I Whine More Than I'm Proud to Acknowledge)

Mondays have been kind of long days for me this quarter. I work in the morning and then have class in the afternoon and again in the evening. My evening class is with the tyrant teacher who wants people to drop and after yesterday's midterm grades went out? More did! We now have only 10 people in the class which started with, oh, 26?

I have the dubious pleasure of having an A- in that class, a grade I suspect he didn't give out to too many people, which, yay! but, also, crap. Now people in my class hate me. And despite knowing that these people should just work harder and do something other than take it out on me, I feel guilty. And also that somehow it might be a fluke. And that it's going to be very hard to maintain because I will either fall asleep, never to rise again for the rest of the quarter, or go nuts trying to out-think myself.

Let me see if I can explain this without boring the crap out of you... I have to design a campaign for Febreze. (We picked our products out of a hat on the first day and I really almost threw up after seeing what I would be working with for the entirety of the quarter.) So far, we've done print ads and billboards and are working on brochures and point-of-purchase plans. Each week, we meet with him and present 3 ideas for whatever stage we're on and he either approves one or sends you back with an assignment to help you get better ideas. You have that night to complete the assignment so that you can have an email for him by the time he gets to work the next morning to approve or send you out again to do something else until you get it right.

Last week, he liked two of my ideas. Joy! Good thinking! Plus? Twice the work! And the end result was not going to bed until about 4am to get up for work at 7 and start the aforementioned long Monday. And then in class last night, after a little sweet success, he shut down all my ideas for our new project-- and assigned me to walk around a grocery store for an hour looking for inspiration. So, since we got out of class an hour early, I decided to go then.

Only, well, there were these nails, see? And somehow, they wound up in my tire? And that let all the air out? So, Nails + Tire - Air = Crap, flat tire. Which all got sorted out with minimal fanfare and now I can't drive over 60 and sure, that'll last. But then, poof! It was 10. And I was tired. And still had to go to the store or suffer the wrath. Le poo, y'all. For an hour because I'm too chicken to lie to him if he asks if I really was there for an hour. And I left having only one idea that was worth anything and another just to show how hard-working I am, even though it was pure crap. I received an email from him 20 minutes ago. He liked my ideas-- do them both and have them ready for next Monday.

I am on a fucking loop, people.

Also: I just realized that I have only mentioned the teachers I have called names, either to their faces or behind their tyrannical backs. That's really only 3 out of the 15 or so that I've had. I do get along with people, honest I do.

Also, also: I would be remiss if I didn't say thank you to Bunny for the Jolt energy gum. I thought it was a total gimmick, but no. Zip-zing! That shit works!

Also, also, again: It turns out that the whole 'try not to bore the crap out of you' idea was a total lie. Whoops! Sorry!