Fresh Baked

Thursday, September 30, 2004

Warning: Due to Graphic Material...

I have this friend. And I love her to pieces, you understand. She's clever and sweet but she's also... well, she can be a little odd. Like the time she gave me a Make Your Own Mud kit for Christmas-- a shoebox with a ziplock bag of water and another of dirt. Or when she put on a nude body suit at Halloween and strutted around as the Emperor (in his new clothes). Or when she announced that her only goal after college was to drive the Weinermobile (sidenote: who knew you have to have a college degree to drive the weinermobile?) (sidenote, part two: she would have been the most awesome person for this job, but alas, she chose another path). Or that one time? At band camp? Lets not even get started on that one...

This friend is about to become a Mama. I am ever so thrilled for her. But now she is at it again. Back at the odd, I mean. Every week, she emails a group of friends a link like this. And I'm not sure how to take it. My first reaction? Oh God! Ick! But now, after a few weeks, I've gotten over the worst of it and am excited for her. But still? This is weird. Almost too weird for her, even. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she'll switch to exterior shots soon.