Fresh Baked

Monday, August 16, 2004

An Elegant Entry

Before I left for Canadia-town, I set up a meeting that should have been held the week previous. When I got back today, I had a very frustrating phone call with someone about that meeting, but here's how that conversation started:

"Oh, good, you're back. Thank you for so elegantly arranging that meeting for us last week. It was so nice to meet with him and him and him and her and him and blah, blah, blah."

First of all: I elegantly arranging that meeting? Well, that right there is straight bullshit because I have never done anything elegantly in my life. What I did was send an email that basically said-- 'hey, this looks like a good time... whaddaya think? If it doesn't work out? Well, I'm not going to be here, so take it up with someone else.' Also, who says anything is elegant that isn't a napkin or a bride?
Secondly: If I arranged it, do you really think I don't know who was there? This type of thing annoys me to no end. Please do not waste my time telling me information I already know. I have perfected time-wasting and right now, you're messing up my schedule.
C: I am 10,000 times glad I wasn't here to attend that meeting myself because the hour-long meeting that started at 9:30? Didn't end until 12:20. Wah-wah-waaaaaaaah.

And that is just the first 8 seconds of this conversation.